Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Charleston Trip and Nor'easter

Moving on to a lighter note, I would like to write the account of the weekend trip at Charleston Trip last weekend. To be able to go to Charleston was kinda fortunate. As written previously, it was one of my friend who needed to stay back to do her work that enabled me to travel with the group, organised by Campus Crusade international ministry.
Charleston is really very nice! A historic town with a bad, tragic past, but clustered with many beautiful architecture and buildings. The blooming of flowers made the town even more aesthetically appealing!
As usual, I draw out my trusty camera and emerged out of the city with around 270 photos. It was a pity however not to be able to find a "Charleston City" Starbucks mug...
Well, on Sunday, the last day in Charleston, was rather experiential. For the first time I expereinced a strong gust! The gust was so strong, and only yesterday that I realised it was 70miles/hr, one of the strongest gust ever experienced. I was at the coast and felt a bit scared as i felt the wind literally blowing me away. Along the way back home, the car experienced some nudges by the strong wind conditions. In fact, the storm called the Nor'easter slammed the East Coast of America, flooding New Jersey and even the city of New York for the first time in a long time, delaying flights and wrecking several houses. I should count it bless that although Charleston was in the news of experiencing the strongest gust, it was not deadly and there's no mishap.
Back at Chapel Hill, it poured so heavily and winds were so strong that yesterday, trees started falling down and smashed several generators, shutting off the whole of Franklin Street (according to what I heard from friends) and making many homes off campus in total blackout...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.